Monday, May 27, 2024

    How Can We Help?

    Mississippi Homeschool Laws

    ← All Topics



    An annual Notice of Enrollment is required.

    On or before Sept 15 you must submit an certificate of enrollment to the school attendance officer of the public school district where your child lives.

    The certificate must include:

    child’s name,



    date of birth, and

    a simple description of the type of education your child is receiving.

    To start mid-year file when you begin homeschooling.

    *The information on this page is for general use only. It should not be taken as legal advice. It is believed to be accurate however state and federal laws change every year. recommends joining an organization such as the Home School Legal Defense Association before your homeschooling adventure begins. HSLDA can provide complete, accurate, legal advice and services for homeschooling families.

    Table of Contents