Monday, June 24, 2024

    How Can We Help?

    New Hampshire Homeschool Laws

    ← All Topics

    New Hampshire


    Use one of the following methods.

    1. A portfolio Review by a certified teacher or a current non-public school teacher.
    2. A nationa student acheivement test with a composite score at or above the 40th percentile.
    3. The results of a state student assessment test used by the local school district with a composite score at or above the 40th percentile.
    4. An evaluation using any tool mutually agreed upon by the parent and the participating agency.

    These result ARE NOT reported to the agency  but may be used to demonstrate proficiency to participate public school programs.

    • Science,
    • Mathematics,
    • Language,
    • Government,
    • History,
    • Health,
    • Reading,
    • Writing,
    • Spelling,
    • The history of the constitutions of New Hampshire and the United States, and
    • An exposure to and appreciation of art and music.


    File a notice of intent with a participating agency within 5 days of commencing homeschooling or moving into a new school district.

    A participating agency can be the commissioner of education, a public school district superintendent or the principle of a non-public school.

    *The information on this page is for general use only. It should not be taken as legal advice. It is believed to be accurate however state and federal laws change every year. recommends joining an organization such as the Home School Legal Defense Association before your homeschooling adventure begins. HSLDA can provide complete, accurate, legal advice and services for homeschooling families.

    Table of Contents